Sunday, November 1, 2009

Remodeling the gallery


Most of my time this week will be spent at the gallery. I am part of the Arts Alive co-op gallery in Breckenridge. It is run by volunteers who are the artists in the gallery. We decided it was time to add interior walls rather than the temporary pipe and mesh walls on loan by one of our members. Today we brought in and attached the walls made of metal studs that my husband put together in our garage ahead of time. We added sheetrock to one side of them, and after the building inspector takes a look at it tomorrow we can put sheetrock on the other side.


We will be closed for about a week and a half while we do the walls, replace the tile in the entry and do some general painting and sprucing up. All this for $1,000 and lots of volunteer labor! When you are a non profit corporation, as the gallery is, we do everything very inexpensively if we can.


I am currently working on an 18x24 painting that will be my submission for the Bach, Beethoven and Breckenridge poster for next year. It is due by November 15th, and if all goes well I will have at least two to submit. I still have some tweaking to do to this, the first one, but I will post it here later in the week. I will have trouble finding the time to paint this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment