Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Trail West


Another in my series of the landmark mountain in our county, Buffalo Mountain. I have been trying to approach it from different angles and in different seasons. I have hiked this mountain three times now, and saw mountain goats on it twice. I have lots of photos! I am attempting to paint the goats too, and so far have not produced anything worth posting. I am not much of an animal painter, but will keep trying and might post one, one of these days! This is a little larger than I have been painting in the past, at 11x14. I have been working on some 12x16s too and do like larger pieces for a change.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice, Joann. Nice to see you blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol, I have been away too long! Time to get back to it on a more regular basis. I even got to visit a few last night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful golds against the blue sky. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the painting, especially like the dark areas in the foreground.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys! Sorry to be so late in responding to you. I read the comment on my cell phone when I am not around my computer and then don't get back to it in a timely manner!

    ReplyDelete