Sunday, January 1, 2012

For once, a painting without a lot of fall color!



Of course, there is fall color in it as that is what I do, but no aspen leaves this time. This is an interpretation of the view at the top of Lizard Head Pass, near Telluride. I was there in September when the leaves were at their peak, but the pass has a lot of pine trees too. I really liked the color of the distant trees and my goals were to get that color right and to make the foreground interesting, which is something I find difficult to do. This is a fairly large painting at 29x24.

4 comments:

  1. You got the color and the foreground right! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gosh! Your painting is wonderful! Trying to join your blog, but somethings not working right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Pam....Happy New Year yourself! We are getting ready for New Zealand now....leaving in about 7 weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kathryn, It did work....you are following it. Adele (my sister) wants to know if you got her email about New Zealand. (That is how I knew about you and looked you up.) I am part of the group that puts the NZ trips on.

    ReplyDelete