Sunday, September 26, 2010

Before and after


I did a couple of plein air paintings this weekend in Westcliffe. They weren't particularly good, but at least I didn't turp them out. I thought I would post one here as a "before" the Jill Carver workshop, and I will hopefully post a much better one as an "after". This isn't quite finished as I thought I would tweak the fence posts after it dried a bit. I may never get around to it, as it isn't one of my favorites....maybe it should have been turped out! The two triangular shapes are too similar; I should have make one of them larger and the other smaller. Not a particularly good composition. It also needs a lighter streak of light behind the trees. Perhaps I should never have posted it, but now you know why I am taking this workshop!

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny, Joanne...as I was reading your commentary when you got to the part where you said you should have turped it out I went back to see it again and thought "she needed some light on those mountains" then I went back down and you said you needed a lighter streak behink the trees.....I am excited because it means I'm improving my eye for painting, not that your painting has anything wrong with it. You know, they are what they are and someone will love it just the way it is. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete