Thursday, September 23, 2010

Off to a Jill Carver workshop


Tonight I am in Westcliffe, Colorado, a little town in the valley between the Wet Mountains and the Sangre de Christo Mountains. I am here with my sister and another artist friend, Joe Garcia, as they have work in a show and sale that benefits the San Isabel Land Trust. Sunday I leave for Rico, Colorado, a small town near Telluride, for a 5 day workshop with Jill Carver. Jill is one of my favorite plein air artists and I am excited to be in her workshop.
I have said that I find plein air painting plain frustrating, and if Jill can't get me to enjoy it more, no one can! Telluride is a beautiful place and the fall leaves should be near their peak. I will try to post some updates while I am there. We have internet in the hotel, so I won't be completely cut off, although cell phone service will be limited during the day as we are out and about. Not a bad thing!

6 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time, Joanne...........Can't wait to hear all about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey J.... tell my buddy Texan Jill HOWDY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the light and brushwork in this painting. Looking forward to hearing about your workshop, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The workshop is fabulous! She is having another one here next June and I am already signed up for it. More to follow when I get home again this weekend.

    ReplyDelete