Saturday, September 18, 2010

Peak week for fall color



I know it is early for most of you, but winter starts much earlier here! This photo was taken yesterday. We have had daytime temperatures in the low 70's and nights in the mid 30's, so the color has just been exploding! No wind, no rain....just perfect fall weather for almost two weeks now, with more in the forecast.

This is the time of year when my fall aspen paintings sell well, so I am always sure to have plenty in the gallery. One of the little 6x8s sold the other day, so I did another quick one this week. They are simple and don't take long to do, but I like to use new reference each time so I am not just copying them off. I have been running around taking photos most mornings and late afternoons so I have enough to last me until next fall. Above is one I took at Maryland Creek Ranch and below is the latest little aspen study.


2 comments:

  1. The painting is wonderful. I can see why they sell..

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sell because they make good souvenirs (we are a tourist town) and because they are small enough to fit in a suitcase! And maybe they like them too, but the first two criteria are the most important to a tourist!

    ReplyDelete