Saturday, September 11, 2010

Where has the summer gone?


I have managed to hike once a week and I have done two outdoor art shows. I sold some real estate (thank goodness, as that is my "real" job!) had a successful launch of the piece that was chosen for the music festival poster in Breckenridge; but did I paint? Not much! Not near enough. So I am reduced to posting paintings I did early in the year. So much for trying to paint every day. This is a little piece (8x10) called "Arnica on the trail" that I did this spring. Arnica is a yellow daisy-like flower with a heart shaped leaf. It grows in drifts, usually under pines and spruces where there is still plenty of sun getting through. They bloom in June and are one of the first wildflowers growing in large displays. I always enjoy seeing them.
I am now taking an art class every Tuesday night and should be able to get back to painting with friends on Sunday night, so hopefully I will be able to post some new pieces soon.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Love the tree colors and path shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure wish the colors in the photos came out better! They seem to get faded when I post them. But thanks Pam! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Carol. Guess what, I am painting today! Yaay! It is a larger one this time, 18x24, and so far it is working. I am going to let it dry for a day or two and then go back to it. I will post next if it works! (but you never know.....)

    ReplyDelete